Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Definition of Success

First of, it has been a while folks! I have been so busy, but I finally have the time to do some personal writing and have a lot to talk about! 

What is the definition of success for you? If you ask anybody this question, there will be a variety of responses because for success, it is a personal view. For some people, it is being well accomplished, for others raising a family, and so many other definitions. How do I define success though - it is hard to put down in a few words.

I think as I continue to grow, my definition of success grows with me. I can remember as a kid, success was based on more artificial meaning - defeating made up characters and beating video games (although this has not completely changed). However, as I got to high school and eventually college, success was more personal. I recently read a quote that really summed up how I view success:

"When people ask me what the meaning of life is, I tell them it is to give life meaning."

I think this definition applies to everyone, but it is personalized because everyone has a different idea of what it is to give life meaning. So, for me, success is a combination of things.

1) Being a good role model for my sister as she continues to grow up
2) Having a passion in something that can change the world - such as my research
3) Being comfortable in my own skin
4) Having confidence in the decisions that I make and going through with them
5) Being dependable
6) Someday raising a family
7) Learning through mistakes and experiencing growth
8) Being a committed and loyal boyfriend 
9) Being a friend a friend would want to have
10) Having a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle


No comments:

Post a Comment